Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Almost Again....

This weekend, I danced in the rain........danced with the past, I danced with you. The look that burns into my breast.....the searing touch that shocks........I feel you across the room. I feel you inches away. I feel you everywhere. My heart pounds either way. I feel I might suffocate from the intensity. The rain pours down my face, drenching my body, but all I can feel is your breath.....all I can feel is the pull of you. You part your lips so close to mine but there are no words.....only heat. My skin feels inflamed as your cheek lightly teases me....your kiss so soft as if imagined. All the while.......the look....oh God, again...the look.....magnetic force pulling me to you. You. Once before with you....only you, but never since you. As if guiding us, the sky becomes enraged and pounds away mercilessly drenching us with its fury. You repudiate its power........while I surrender to the assault. I can't breathe with your denial. I'm exhausted......sometimes the past is too much to bear. ~D.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment