Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Liar Liar Pants On Fire

Fool me once shame on you..........fool me twice shame on me right? Been down this path. Yes....oh yes I should know better now. What irks me is the fact that I still trust....I still see that glimmer of happiness in my path and I refuse to discount someone without a benefit of a doubt. I suppose that this makes me naive....gullible perhaps. Too nice? Maybe. Too caring? Maybe again. I do feel the heavy weight of the past bearing down on me. I need to escape before it over powers me and pins me down on my ass like a 10 ton burden . Then it will all be different. Jaded, untrusting, suspicious. Not a way to live. I miss the freedom of lighthearted laughter, the impulsive toss of the head, the glimmer of genuine joy in the eyes. Oh how these small mishaps accumulate upon a heart and turn those signs of innocent joy into skepticism. Do I have the strength to fight for how I truly want to exist or will I let the weight alter my course, devoid of the carefree days for which I so yearn.

No comments:

Post a Comment