Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 24, 2011

Pass The Torch

Talk about an epiphany.  I was just standing there watching her. Beautiful, fresh, untouched.  A smile tinged with the blithe disregard of youth. Naïve. Doubled over, paralyzed…….sucker punched.  Not my reflection, not me. It’s her…..was me, but not me now. I see. I feel…the reality. I just need a moment. It’s been mine for so long. Too long. I should have passed it on before. I’m selfish……I just didn’t see, blind denial. I thought I was still her. I felt I was still her. I was……many years ago. Reverse time…grass is green…..straight, curly……dark, light……tall, short….it’s always there. Just be me. Just smile. Pass the torch, it’s time. It was time so long ago. It still feels like a sucker punch, but then again, realization usually does.

No comments:

Post a Comment